Ewing Controls, Inc.
The business principals, Thomas Ewing and Timothy James, have a combined experience base of forty-plus years in power generation and process controls.
Prior to founding Ewing Controls in 2001, they worked together at the former Trigen Ewing Power, Inc., of Turners Falls, MA (producer of steam-turbine driven cogeneration systems sold all over the world).
At Trigen Ewing Power, Thomas Ewing was the original founder, and Timothy James was the Director of Engineering.
Ewing Controls facility includes offices, plus an assembly shop and testing facilities.
- PLC controls with Siemens, Modicon, and Allen Bradley
- Employing SEL, GE, Basler and Beckwith Electric protective relaying, Woodward governors, Bently-Nevada vibration monitors and Basler excitation controls
- Utility coordination experience with over 50 utilities
- Project management, including specification and procurement
- Quality control & documentation
- Field service and training
- Synchronous and induction generator controls and switchgear from 200 amps to 4000 amps, 480 V, 4160 V and 13.8 kV, for reciprocating engine and steam turbine generator systems
- Integrated controls for steam turbine cogeneration and Diesel engine emergency/cogeneration power with intelligent load shedding on emergency bus
- Steam turbine cogeneration controls for several Midwest ethanol plants to dramatically improve plant energy efficiency
- Fully automatic prime mover controls including auto start and synchronizing, monitoring of critical temperatures, pressures and vibration levels and integration into plant process controls